• Follow on Bloglovin

12 Dec 2011

Recipe: Parmesan Créme and Fig Canapés

Last weekend we had some friends over for wine and nibbles. These canapés were a huge hit with everybody, and so easy to make!

Ingredients:
  • 1 bag of grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 tub of philadelphia cream cheese
  • half a loaf of dark rye bread
  • 4-5 figs
  • salt and pepper
Mix the cream cheese and grated parmesan in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Cut the bread into small squares. With a small spoon or knife, spread the parmesan créme on top of each bread square, then add a piece of fig. Done!

We also enjoyed this cheese board, and I got the opportunity to use my beautiful serving plate for the first time! It was an engagement gift from my parents, it's designed by Klaus Haapaniemi for Iittala.

10 Comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yum, and very sophisticated! When I ever invite my friends over for wine it's always accompanied by a bag of crisps or something. I'd love to give these a go sometime though. xo

Anonymous said...

oh what for lovely little things, easy to made but perfect for little dinners and a glass of wine! ;D love this

cb said...

those look amazing! i love fig and cream cheese! mmm those would be yummy for christmas eve :)
xo,
cb

Janette said...

Oh my goodness! My husband would flip if he saw this.. He LOOOOVES anything having to do with figs.. May have to try! Except I think our fig season may be over...

Janette, the Jongleur

Eva said...

Nice recipe :)

Shutterbug said...

looks delicious! and the recipe is so easy!

Amber said...

Wow, that really looks amazing. And I've never even tried figs before!

shannon*bear said...

Holy. This is something you see in a movie or magazine and think, WOW that looks great! Thanks for sharing, Lisa! I can't wait to try!
xo S

zelda said...

Looks delicious~difficult to get figs sometimes~any suggestion / Substitute? Tx

Lisa {A Piece of Lisa} said...

@Zelda:
Yes I agree, they're very hard to find sometimes. You could substitue with a grape or piece of pear perhaps? Something to give a bit of sweetness basically :)

x Lisa

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!
xo Lisa

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...